Blackheath & Halesowen Circuit Mission Statement ________
United for God’s Inclusive Mission: “Now or Never”
To love God and the community through worship, Evangelism, Learning and Service.
• To be a Christ Centred Circuit for the Community.
• To reflect the Presence of Jesus through lifestyle.
• To be a Christian Methodist presence in the Circuit.
• To be the agents of transformation by seeking justice and peace.
The Circuit has a Mission Strategy “Now or Never” for discipleship and growth over the next 5-10 years.
1. Worship:-(“The Church exists to increase awareness of God's presence and to celebrate God's love” )
• Provide opportunities for Worship that enrich personal faith in order to draw near to God.
• Provide teaching that is Biblically sound and helps to reflect Jesus through words and deeds in order to be what God wants us to be.
2. Evangelism (“The Church exists to make more followers of Jesus Christ”)
• Sharing the good news that God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have eternal life and that we have ALL sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
• Showing God’s love in practical ways, serving the community by using the human resources, gifts, talents, finances, the building to serve ALL in need, giving glory to Him.
3. Discipleship:-(“The Church exists to help people to grow and learn as Christians, through mutual support and care” )
• To support those who have questions about their faith,to find answers, through discussion with friends, teaching, prayer and Bible study.
• To enable them to experience God’s love personally, worship together and grow in their Christian faith to be better disciples who in turn will reach out others for Christ.
4. Service: (“The Church exists to be a good neighbour to people in need and to challenge injustice”)
• Supporting others (such as charities) practically and financially, both locally and further afield, who work to share God’s love.
• Enabling people sincerely to follow the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ and prayerfully ask the Holy Spirit to allow us to use the gifts and talents God has given us to reach out to the world community in order to further the Kingdom of God.
We are a circuit of 6 churches working together to resource worship, encourage mission and develop discipleship. With Jesus Christ at the centre of our existence we aim to:
• Encourage churches to offer to the community safe places for different styles of worship and welcome.
• Share the Christian faith with those who do not know Jesus Christ as Saviour.
• Equip churches to provide opportunities for deeper discipleship and learning.
• Enable churches to provide space for various activities.
• Empower churches to experience God’s love and to show care and support for the wider community.
• Challenge churches to work for justice and peace for all people.
• Encourage and enable churches to care for the environment.
The Covenant Prayer:
Every year we re-dedicate our lives to God at a special Covenant Service. This prayer forms part of that act of dedication.
I am no longer my own but yours.
Put me to what you will; rank me with whom you will. Put me to doing; put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you; exalted for you, or brought low for you.
Let me be full; let me be empty.
Let me have all things; let me have nothing. I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things to your pleasure and disposal.
And now, glorious and blessed God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, you are mine and I am yours.
So be it. And the Covenant which I have made on Earth, let it be ratified in Heaven